How to make delicious Lotus Biscoff cupcakes with a brown sugar sponge and Biscoff buttercream
A simple vanilla cupcake, but with the twist of using light brown sugar in the cupcakes they have a lovely natural caramel taste to go with the caramelised theme of the Biscoff!
If you are a cookie lover, you will love these. If you are a Biscoff lover, you will love these. If you are a cupcake lover, you will love these. I think you get the picture, enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Decorating Time: 20 minutes
- 150 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 150 g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- 200 g Biscoff Spread
- 1-2 tbsp Boiling Water
- Biscoff Spread
- Biscoff Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 Fan/350F and get 12 cupcake cases ready
- Beat the butter with the light brown sugar until fluffy
- Add in the eggs and flour and beat again till combined
- Using an ice-cream scoop (to make it the same amount per cupcake) dollop into the cupcake cases
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer poked into one of the cakes comes out clean and they are springy to touch – Leave to cool.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes to loosen it.
- Add the icing sugar on a slow speed until it is combined then speed the mixer up and mix for 3-4 minutes until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add the Biscoff spread to the buttercream and continue mixing. If needed, add in the boiling water. Keep on beating for 5 minutes until whipped
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes – We used a 2D closed star piping tip.
- Add on a Biscoff biscuit, and some biscuit crumbs.
Are you mixing in the right circles?
The Carrera hand mixer boasts a raft of well designed features and impressive power that will allow you to enjoy countless hours of effortless beating, whisking and kneading.